The ASP.NET XmlProvider Library
provides an ability to leverage the ASP.NET 2.0 membership, roles, profile, and personalization model without having to persist information to a database. Instead, user information is persisted as XML files in the directory specified by the dataStorePath
parameter of the provider. This is especially useful to folks who wish to use the ASP.NET model for membership but host their site with a provider that doesn't support database access -- or perhaps, they don't want to pay for it ;-) The goal of this project is to get an Xml Provider library that is 100% complete feature-wise with it's SqlProvider cousins.
Version 2.0 (Planned)
- Lots of bug fixes
- Improved thread safety
- Sample Web Project using all of the providers (finally you can see them in action)
New For 18.104.22.168a (January 29, 2007)
- Now paths using '~/' work with the .NET Configuration Tool
- As a result, the issues with roles not showing up in subdirectories are fixed.
New For 22.214.171.124 (January 24, 2007)
Please post all questions to the forums.
- First Production Release!
- Added thread safety for XML writes